Monday 14 December 2009

Listen to the Silence

Happy to report that both J & O seem to be almost back to normal. I say almost, as they are both still coughing their chests off and O is teething terribly, but they are definitely over the worst.

Sigh. Of. Relief.

J is at Christmas school today again. Went in very unwillingly, albeit with the promise of all things chocolate being on offer, as it is "Chocolate day" today and she is something of a chocolate monster. I am positive, however, that once she got a whiff of the heady scent of melting cocoa and realised that she was allowed to stir, mix, and no doubt lick too, she found herself to be in seventh heaven and settled down very quickly.

I fought my conscience about sending her on "Chocolate day", as one is not supposed to encourage a fondness for chocolate and sweeties is one? But I figured, rather selfishly, that having her happy, occupied and out the house for a day was worth the guilt of knowing she will no doubt eat nothing but the sticky brown delicacy all day.

O is sleeping.

I am listening to the silence.....

No comments:

Post a Comment