Saturday 12 December 2009

Mother Nature's Cruel Way

Poor little O.

Not only has he been struggling this week to combat this bronchial affliction (the affliction of his, admittedly very short, life time), but today at 6 months and 20 days old he cut his first tooth.

And his gorgeous toothless smile will be no longer. Changed forever.

I remember vividly the day J got her first tooth. We were on holiday in Cape Town, driving back home along the beautiful coast from her South African Godmother's baby shower. I was sitting in the back of the car with her as she was being a bit niggly. Upon trying to soothe her by allowing her to nibble on my finger, I remember the shock and excitement I experienced when I felt the hard little lump of the burgeoning tooth. So unexpected!

She was 3 days away from being 6 months old.

Funny that sometimes I cannot remember what I did yesterday, but that these moments have a habit of sticking forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment